Once here stood the workshops of those who were making hats. Here was located the prison (Puscaria) which in fact was a tower used as arsenal of the Princely Court. It is here they were keeping the guns (“puscile” in the old Romanian language) which were used for different ceremonies. This tower was used also as a prison, hence the Romanian name for prison:“puscarie”. The thieves were incarcerated in the basement while the noblemen were sent in the upper rooms. The political enemies accused of treason were executed in front of the tower by hanging or beheading. Their bodies were then impaled and displayed in this way for three days. After 1840 the death penalty was abolished but the punishments continued to be applied, among them the flogging.