It is here the shops and the workshops of the saddlers were located. Their saddles were famous all over Bucharest being decorated with golden and silver ornaments. Also, the saddlers were making horse ribbons, harnesses or other accessories.
On this street, right on the ruins of the former Princely Palace stood once The Red Inn built at the beginning of the 19th century. It burnt down in 1838, a new oriental building being built which continued to bear the old name. It is here the first coffee grinder from Bucharest was installed in 1847.
In 1858 the Italian Giovanni Fieschi inaugurated The Fiaschi Hotel, known for its restaurant and coffee house where the different foreigner newspapers were read.