[styledbox type="shadow" ]
The Capsa House – Casa Capsa
history, pictures [/styledbox]
[dropcap style="one" color="blue" text="T" /]he Capsa family was part of a larger Aromanian group established in Transylvania and Wallachia in the 18th century. Later, one of the descendents, Grigore Capsa, founded a confectionary under the name of “La doi frati”. It was inaugurated in an inn that today it would have been across the Zlatari Church. The business was moved to the Slatineanu House known as the location where in 1850 a Romanian play was played for the first time.
[imageeffect type="frame" align="alignright" width="300" height="200" alt="Caspa Hotel" url="wp-content/gallery/bucharest-sights/bucharest-capsa-hotel_01.jpg" ]
Their sweets became famous and each ball was serving their delicacies. In 1899 and 1900 their confectionary won the golden medals at the Paris Worldwide Exposition.
In 1881 they opened a restaurant and later, in 1886, a hotel and a famous cafe which became the most important meeting point of the Romanian elite, both political and cultural.
The Bratianu family, a great line of famous liberal politicians, rented for 30 years a snug while the rival party was gathering in the same place, thus giving the Casa Capsa a new nickname: the Bicameral Parliament.
Address: 36 Victoriei Avenue
Link: Casa Capsa