A first church was built in the 18th century by the priest Neagu Darvas. It didn’t have any frescoes, being just covered with whitewash, hence the name “Alba” (white). It was destroyed by the 1827 earthquake and rebuilt later, again with no frescoes.
In 1873 the church went through a complete renovation: the spires are rebuilt, the iconostasis is gilded, the windows and the floor are repaired and for the first time the church gets frescos painted by the artist Gheorghe Tattarescu. It was again renovated after the 1940 earthquake and after the bombardments of 1944.
The Schedule of the White Church:
Daily: 08:00 – 20:00
Address: 110 Victoriei Avenue