Iordache Cretulescu and his wife Safta, the daughter of ruler Constantin Brancoveanu, built the church in 1722. The church dedicated to the Assumption of the Holy Virgin and to the Saints Gabriel and Michael is located in the Revolutiei Plaza (Piata Revolutiei).
The Cretulescu church, high and narrow, with elegant shapes and slender silhouette is built in the Brancoveanu style, a Romanian style. It was renovated in 1935-1936. The original frescos didn’t last being covered by another one painted by the famous Romanian painter Gheorghe Tattarescu. The porch enfolds on its western wall an entire representation of the Apocalypse.
Graves of the founder’s family can be seen in the church.
The Schedule of the Cretulescu Church:
Daily: 08:00 – 20:00
Entrance fee: free
Address: 27 Victoriei Avenue