The church, hidden behind a block of flats, is a secret of Bucharest. Many people passing by this area don’t even realize that behind the block of flats, at the end of the passage, they could visit an Orthodox church. As the centuries passed, the church was almost buried by debris from the surrounding buildings and a ditch had been dug around it.
The Lady’s Church was erected in 1683 by Lady Maria, the second wife of the Wallachian Prince Serban Cantacuzino. The church was originally surrounded by a number of cells. It is one of the first churches with a rectangular plan without side apses. The porch is upheld by eight octagonal columns while the windows are surrounded by Moldavian frames.
The Schedule of the Doamnei Church:
Daily: 08:00 – 20:00
Address: 20 Victoriei Avenue