The constructions of the building started in 1812 at the request of Lord Constantin Facca who unfortunately died the next year. His descendents sold the house to the great treasurer Grigore Romanit, hence the present name of the palace. The new owner had finished the imposing house which became one of the most important locations for sumptuous balls. In 1834 Grigore Romanit died and the house was rented to the Princely Chancellery. In 1836 the palace is bought by the state and used since 1840 by the Ministry of Finance for about 90 years.
After the 1977 earthquake the Romanit Palace is renovated and transformed into a museum of the art collections.
The collections consist of Romanian and international works; there are different paintings, sculptures and decorative art.
The museum is temporarily closed for major renovations.
Address: 111-113 Victoriei Avenue[Gallery not found]